Thursday, November 8, 2012

Dark Colors for Fall - No Thank You!

Clothes

      I finally did it. After being here a month and a half, I bought some clothes. I had hoped that I would last longer, but everything I own seems too hot. Also, I have a feeling that I stick out like a sore thumb in town wearing the majority of my clothes. I have yet to see Chaco sandals anywhere! Don't worry though, I am not giving those up... How could I with my wonderful tan lines.

       I know, I was talking about clothes and here I go mentioning shoes. It's all relatively similar; and my tan lines are getting outrageous and worth documenting.

      Back to the point. I gave in today and bought some clothes from the 80's. No, I did not get these from a second hand shop. They were brand new. Does anyone want to get me a phone the size of my head to go with it? I'm afraid if I get John any shirts, I will have to nick name him Zack Morris. Of course now that I am looking for an example everything online looks normal. I promise though, you need sunglasses to walk into clothing stores... Lots of pastels and neon!!!
Here is what I got:

Be advised - Shirts are much brighter than they appear.

The pattern on this one is made up of little flamingos!!

I exaggerated a little bit about the 80's. The clothes are super comfy and cute on. However, here is some useful information for when you come visit. Fanny packs, brightly colored wife-beaters, short shorts (for men), and ridiculously patterned leggings are definitely in fashion.


Cheers,
Carrie

3 comments:

  1. WE HAVE THE LEGGINGS HERE TOO. But often they are not actually leggings, but tights worn as trousers. I'm just resigned to looking like an old lady - maybe eventually people will stop mistaking me for an undergrad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh. I am not sure if I should be relieved or worried to know that the leggings aren't localized to Australia. Do you have the ones that look like the solar system painted on tights? So weird!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news! I think dad already has his wardrobe for our future trip based on what is in his closet!!

    ReplyDelete