Thursday, September 20, 2012

Carrie is in Australia.

    Woo! I am in Australia. I don't have much so say yet because I have only been here for about 27 hours. My flights from Chicago to L.A. and L.A. to Sydney were actually pretty pleasant. John even took the day off work and was right outside of Customs to meet me. It was so nice to see him right away, and not just because I needed help with my luggage! Instead of John renting a car to get me, he took the train. This meant that we had time to relax together on the hour train ride to our new home, which was so much nicer than jumping right into Australian driving.

    Besides that, we got lunch and a few groceries and then passed out around 7pm. Here are the few photos I have taken so far...

This is Trevor.  He is a yellow lab living with us. He belongs to Michael who owns the house we are sub-letting. He knows so many tricks, especially being a ham!

Here is my first orange that I picked from our orange tree in the back yard!!!

 And this is my desk set up in our room. The fresh air is so wonderful. Although, I don't know how much work I will get done when I can see the beautiful weather right in front of me.


That is all I have for now. John and I are planning to go on a ferry ride and to the beach this weekend. More photos and stories soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment